At ACG Parnell College, we are introducing an innovative new approach to Open Days while Auckland remains under Alert Level 3.
We believe that our Open Days are an excellent way for prospective families to gain a real sense of ACG Parnell College's values, educational programmes and community environment. And although we are not able to invite you to join us on campus (until we return to Level 1), we have created a highly interactive online Open Day to introduce you to our school.
We're incredibly excited to launch this virtual event, which will be packed full of information and live conversations with our principal, senior staff and student leaders. Drawing on best international practices from our fellow schools in the Inspired Education Group, our first online Open Day will be held via Zoom on Thursday, 28th October.
Beginning at 4:30pm, this digital approach provides a unique opportunity to share our educational philosophy and school values with new families. Covering our Primary, Middle School and College, we anticipate that the webinar will last for approximately one to one-and-a-half hours.
Plus, we will also include a comprehensive ‘Question and Answer’ session should you have any queries, or require further information, to ensure that ACG Parnell College is the right fit for your child.
"Choosing the right school for your son or daughter is one of the most important decisions parents make, and school Open Days play a key part in the process," says Principal Damian Watson. "While we would prefer you were able to join us at our four campuses and meet our wonderful staff and students in person, our online Open Day will provide you with a good opportunity to find out about all that ACG has to offer."
"It is also important that you are able to ask questions and have them answered, and this is a key aspect of our online Open Day format. Our senior staff and I are really looking forward to meeting you on the 28th of October and welcoming you to ACG Parnell College."
What you can expect from the day:
- You will meet our principal, Mr Damian Watson
- You’ll have the opportunity to speak with some of our teachers and senior staff, who can answer any questions you may have
- We will introduce you to our school virtually, explaining how our academic curriculum is complemented by a full extracurricular programme and underpinned by strong core values and exceptional pastoral care.
- We’ll outline our school environment, which provides safe, nurturing and inclusive spaces where children receive a high level of individual care and attention.
- And we’ll highlight our dual academic pathway. We offer both the Cambridge Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme to encourage our students to explore a variety of subjects and activities to help them maximise their potential.
- Additionally, we’ll underline our sports, arts and technology programmes which provide balance to ensure our students develop as well-rounded, confident individuals with a wide range of abilities.
- We’ll define our simple step-by-step admissions process. We are still able to enrol your child during Covid-19 alert levels.
Numbers are limited, so please book early to secure your place.