Parnell College’s overall Cambridge pass rates for 2020 show an impressively high level of achievement.
- A-Level: 100%
- AS-Level: 93%
- IGCSE: 93%
Additionally, our students attained an extraordinary number of A grades, with 61% of A-Level papers and 57% of IGCSE papers receiving an A* or A (80% or better) grade result.
Further underscoring our academic success, ACG Parnell College students also received a remarkable 15 Cambridge Outstanding Learner Awards. These include:
- 1 Top in World
- 13 Top in New Zealand*
- Top IGCSE student in New Zealand – Rangimarie Puttick
Special mention must be made of several standout students:
- Rangimarie Puttick: Top IGCSE student in New Zealand, Top in NZ IGCSE English Language, Top in NZ IGCSE English Literature, Top in NZ IGCSE Spanish
- Jenna Parkin: Top in World AS-Level Computer Science
- Charles Matthews: Top in NZ A-Level English Language, Top in NZ A-Level Spanish
- Sophia Ye: Top in NZ A-Level Biology
- Jack Chen: Top in NZ AS-Level English Language
- Bryn Kliskey: Top in NZ IGCSE History
With the increasing number of Cambridge International students around the world and the unprecedented challenges of the past year, achieving such phenomenal results was a true testament to ACG’s dedicated teaching staff, the hard work and enthusiasm of our students, and the ongoing support of our parents.
ACG Parnell College Principal, Damian Watson, believes that the determination and resilience shown by the school’s Senior Cambridge students has established an excellent foundation for further study.
“While strong results open the initial door to tertiary study, the deep knowledge, skills and habits of mind acquired by completing a Cambridge qualification will hold our students in good stead for years to come.”
The Cambridge International Curriculum is now taught to almost a million learners, in over 10,000 schools, across 160 countries. Setting a global standard for education, Cambridge qualifications are accepted by every UK university, by 600 universities in the US (including all Ivy League colleges) and in many other major student destinations, such as Canada, Australia, South Africa, Germany and the Netherlands.
* Includes High Achievement Awards where students came top, nationally or globally, of a subject with fewer participants.